View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 09:01 AM   #1
tammy8833
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Guidance please? Tube feeding, fading? Lacating very long

Hello,

I have not really been on yorkietalk for some years.
I have been in a whelping group on fb but I have experienced fb blocking me frequently.
Right now I have my first ever troublesome litter.
This is my first parti yorkie litter. I am/was very excited.
Mom 11lbs whelped 6 healthy babies 4 girls 2 boys on 11/14. On 11/17 monday I took mom and babies in for wellness check and bc mom had bad diarrhea. I also had requested the tail docking but no available vet was in that performed it. Not really a problem I have been docking tails for 10 years. Just wanted to do it all in 1 swoop so to speak. Babies were good mom was good no parasites found so she was prescribed and probiotic.

I noticed on tuesday the 18th when I gave her the probotic she had diarrhea and vomited. I called the vet and said I haven't see any more trouble since the early morning hours. So they said if she vomited again to let them know asap.
So she was good all day and I docked the puppy tails.
It seemed whenever I gave her the probotic it made her worse. So on Wednesday when I got home I took them all to the er. 1 puppy was crying alot and cool.
They did blood work on mom all was well, gave fluids to baby and warmed her up and sent her home. They did find hookworms and gave her and babies dewormer. They also prescribed a antibiotic from mom but they didn't have any available. They also gave her anti nausea meds. Thursday they all seem to be declining and the one that declined first passed away. So I took them all back to the er they seemed to be not nursing, Loosing weight having diarrhea which causes an infection in the tail docking.
They all received fluids antibiotics and tube feeding. Then sent home. I was able to get moms antibiotic from my regular vet and staryed5her on it thuraday night. I am continuing to tube feed every 3 hours. I see improvement ( I hope that's not wistful thinking) in all. The one who lost the most seems to have filled out again a bit but still cries alot. I got one to nurse. They are all warm on heating pad and for a little while in front of the fireplace with mom. I dont want her to dry up I dont noticed she is active with them but not as active about her food and water intake as before. I have hand fed her liver or canned puppy food with a crushed tums. I tried to tempt her with chicken broth..not really interested. I did use a syringe and give her some orally. She is a little restless but I'm thinking its because she lost 1. She digs sometimes.
Any advice, tips, recipes, supplements u have please shoot them my way
I need them back on mom by monday. I know that's not practical but I have to go back to work 😥 Thank you
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!