View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 12:28 PM   #10
airplane
Senior Yorkie Talker

Of course you’d say that proper protocol would’ve saved my dog. That’s a nice thing to say. I’ve sat down for hours with many vets discussing how my dog died and the circumstances of her death and reviewed every single finding of the necropsy report with them and the blood work and how quickly and severe of a reaction it was, and the actions that my previous vet took when the incident happened, etc. The answer is no, she couldn’t have been saved. Normally when one has an anaphylactic reaction to a drug that is injected, it often comes on extremely quickly and is a very extreme reaction. Dogs can die from it even when proper treatment protocol is used. Beyond that, the research study found a difference that changed the odds at 10 lbs and under, not 3 lbs. You sound like an academic who appreciates research. You should log in to your University account and read some research studies. There’s multiple studies out there showing that these are factors related to risk. And many vets I’ve spoken to have confirmed that with me. You can’t rewrite facts.
airplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!