View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 10:54 AM   #27
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

I have never owned a yorkie that was under 9 Lbs. I have had all big girls, one at 9 lbs, 2 at 13 Lbs, my last girl was 17 Lbs, my rescue boy is 12 Lbs.

With these wee lil ones under 5 Lbs you have to be very careful and not let them jump off furniture, even Abby at 6 Lbs you shouldn't have her jumping off sofa or beds. And absolutely you must be vigilant and watchful for hawks, falcons,eagles any prey bird even if you are leash walking them, these prey birds have been known to swoop down and snatch a tiny dog while the owner was walking it on its leash.

I am even watchful with my 12 pounder. A prey bird could swoop down and snatch him, if he is to heavy for the bird it will release / drop him but, the damage from the birds talons could be fatal.

I have read these tiny yorkies have more health issues and more teeth issues.

This not to say do not get a 4.4 pound baby, that would be your choice.

However, we do have many members with wee lil babies, these members must be in early hibernation for the winter that they are not coming forward with information on their wee lil ones.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!