View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 06:42 AM   #1
Meichelle
Yorkie Talker

Default Got Laylah spayed and now....

So I got Laylah spayed as the previous owners never did.. This was this past Friday (Oct 25th, 2 days ago) However nowww... The little booger who was previously amazing and used the pee pads consistently all the time.. Has now been going potty where she might be standing.. Im going to give her another couple of days but will be watching her like a hawk lol.. Do any of you feel its because she is yet in pain from the surgery or do any of you feel she may be acting out, or could it be the meds the vet gave me for her??

She was so stinkin good on the pee pads that if I took her outside, she could be outside with me for hours and not go potty outside, but come indoors and she'd run straight to her potty pads..Now since the surgery, and granted its only been 2 days, she will still use the potty pads but will too just squat where she might be standing.. I do of course redirect her when she does this but also know that Yorkie's are notorious for potty issues.. But since Ive had her, shes been amazing on potty pads and I want that behavior to continue when it comes to potty time.. I just dont know what gives lol.. As a dog trainer my instincts tell me to give her a few more days but to also be on top of it.. But as a Yorkie Momma, I also dont want to be over the top with her (shes only 3 pounds) and I dont want to scare her.. So Im conflicted lol..

The vet gave me 4 little pills to give her once a day for pain, and I have been doing that so yes on one hand I think it may be the medication that has her mind a little foggy but I thought I'd ask here and see what thoughts are out there.. I also am not allowing her to jump up on furniture, or do steps and I am allowing her to go into her "room" (her crate) with the door open so she can go in there and rest but she prefers my lap.. Or like now, laying curled up in my favorite downstairs couch blanket..

Thanks
Meichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!