Thread: Yorkies Unhappy
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 11:40 AM   #6
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniesmother View Post
Thank you. I have tried to take them out in the car, walking not so much. I am afraid of the bobcat and coyote reports in our area. Also, a lot of people have big dogs that scare me and one of my little dogs thinks she is a big dog, no telling what she might do if she goes into attack mode. Maybe going to restaurants that allow dogs would be a good idea. They love people, just don't seem to love me very much. Our second Yorkie is a rescue and things changed here when she arrived. She is an "in charge" girl, pretty much attached to me
and this intimidates my other dog... Kind of a strange mix here.
I can understand no park or trail walks and big dog attitude. Stores like Home Depot, Loews, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Michaels, Staples allow dogs even if you do not need to buy anything, put them in a shopping cart and just stroll the store. All the fast food places have outdoor seating that allows dogs. My kid hates the groomer, when he's finished I take him to Home Depot, I put a blankie in the kiddie seat and set him in it, its kinda like a reward for being tortured for 1 1/2 hours lol.

Your other dog was the first one there and should always be first in every thing, first to be greeted when you come home, first to have their food bowl set down, first to get a treat, he / she feels like they have been replaced by lil Miss bossy girl. Start showing him / her a little more attention.
Rescues are very special especially if they came from a bad situation, we want them to feel loved, safe, trust us and to know they are in their forever home, so it's natural to show a rescue more love and attention, but we also have to make sure the first dog does not feel they have been replaced.

Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!