Thread: Yorkies Unhappy
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 08:58 AM   #4
nanajoy
YT 500 Club Member

My boys visited both my father and my father-in-law. Despite their dementia, both the dads and the dogs enjoyed the time spent together. During a recent visit to my mother's assisted living residence they all participated in a day to celebrate the importance of the relationships we share with our beloved companions...in fact my little ones were three of the four animals who were brought in. Everyone (staff and residents) were very thankful that we came, and the boys shared time with nearly one hundred new friends! It was amazing to experience the smiles and happy tears shed as many shared stories about their beloved pets who are waiting for them beyond the rainbow bridge.

Many memory care units allow visits from pets, and even bring in animals who are trained to provide the opportunity for residents to experience the calming effect that interactions can provide. After an appropriate time has elapsed for "settling in" your husband's behavior may stabilize enough to allow brief visitation. I am sure that the staff will be able to assess the appropriateness of visits, and hope that you can have a chance to reunite your family for brief and healing opportunities! (((hugs)))

Last edited by nanajoy; 10-23-2019 at 09:00 AM.
nanajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!