View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 07:33 AM   #8
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Unfortunately potty training doesn't happen over night, with some yorkies it takes months. I personally prefer walking a dog opposed to using pads.There are definitely advantages to pad training, I just found scheduled walks ended any indoor accidents. With leash walking there is a schedule to be followed, dogs need schedules, they will hold pee and poo when they know they are going out. Right now she is a baby and needs all her vaccines before hitting the world of exciting smells so pad / turf training is a must. Keep moving the poop to the turf, this has to be consistent to work, but it will not happen in a day or two, may not happen in a week or two, but it will happen.

I have worked and raised 9 puppies over my life time so I know what it's like to have a job and home responsibilities to. My puppies were 8 weeks old when I bought them, a lot of work but so rewarding in the end. You must have a lot of patience because things do not happen as fast as we would like them to. Hang in there mamma, she is still a wee lil baby.
I would definitely NOT use a shock collar on your wee lil puppy.

Last edited by matese; 10-23-2019 at 07:34 AM.
matese is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!