Thread: Food ugh
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 07:46 PM   #4
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
Food can be so stressful lol. Glad you found something!

It's sooo hard for Jackson being sensitive, also possible IBD and also pancreatitis and having to be low fat. I just looked up and that RC Sensitive Digestive is 20% fat minimum! I have to stay under 10% for him.

It always seems with him too, something ingredient-wise is perfect but fat is too high or fat is good but too many ingredients that don't agree with him ugh lol.

I like RC a lot too and my only gripe with it is he always acts like I am starving him if he eats 100% only RC. Like I am talking wake me in the middle of the night, crying, etc. He won't do it on any other food. So weird. Each dog is so different and you never know what is going to work. For him, most of the RX foods he does horrible on. The only one he tolerates is the grain-free fish and potato RC PW moderate calorie and use that kibble as well as another low fat fish/potato kibble and Weruva canned. I do think the soy was the main problem for him as well but it's totally a guess and it could have been the corn too. One of those weird dogs who actually has an issue with it. *sigh*

Anyway I am rambling now too lol. Yay SO happy for you and feel your pain haha!
Luckily fat isn’t an issue for us and hopefully stays that way. I did read Cushings dogs could be more likely to have pancreatitis but since it’s never been an issue with Callie I feel like we are pretty good. I really am thinking the soy was the big issue. Since Joey has a full tail I keep the hair long on it and before the food change Joey was getting messy poo in it and it has not happened since the change so I’m thrilled and he is happier too because he isn’t a fan of messing with his tail to much lol. Dogs really are like people with the whole some things and foods work for some but not others.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!