View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 05:17 AM   #4
volumnus
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Thanks for the support.

Knox is doing really well on the meds (Vetmedin and Lasix). The first couple of days he seemed a little nauseous. Now he is getting back to normal. I'm holding him back, but he is becoming playful and peppy again. He would love to play tug of war or chase the ball, but I'm not letting him yet. I've fed him Taste of the Wild his whole life, and it is one of the 16 dog foods linked to heart disease by the FDA.

https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/nu...ee-diet-alert/

However, he has also been spoiled with human food too, so his case is probably not very useful in proving anything one way or the other. From now on though, I'm going to make his dog food myself. My dad is an avid hunter, which is something I've never enjoyed. Knox, though, loves the wild turkey and deer meat my dad gives him. I grill it for him or cook it in the pressure cooker. I'm going to throw in some veggies and brown rice with the deer or turkey and make him some low sodium meals. He will eat it. He thinks its human food. He will only eat dog foot late at night after he is certain nobody is going to give him anything else. lol
volumnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!