View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 03:57 AM   #8
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Thank you for the up-date.

Yes cat food is dangerous for dogs to eat. For some reason dogs love cat food, and cat poop.You need to keep the cat food and litter box in a area where Laylah cannot get at it.

You should be free feeding Laylah meaning there should be food accessible for her at all times. You can measure out a 1/2 cup of food for starters when you feed her in the mornings, leave it down when you go to work. Keep in mind 2 things, 1-these wee lil babies have tiny stomachs and cannot hold a lot of food at one time, they like to graze, eat when they are hungry, if she is a picky eater you can sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese over her food, the pungent smell of the cheese can get her taste buds flowing. 2-also dogs sleep a lot when left alone so Laylah may not eat much while you are at work. When you get home measure the food that is still in her bowl to see how much she ate while you were gone, leave food in her bowl all night if she is crated when you go to bed or if you confine her to one area.

Be happy that Laylah does not bark lol, you only have her a few months, she is just about use to her surroundings, smells, noises and gaining confidence in you, she may find her voice and when she does you may be sorry you were concerned about her not barking lol.

I am happy that you videoed her walk for the vet, I am not sure what he vet means by a nervous tick, did he say this was something she may grow out of. Glad to know knees and hips seems to be fine.
Did he say why she walks in circles throughout your house.

Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!