View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 02:08 PM   #9
nanajoy
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yavenay View Post
Unfortunately I live in a town full of stray cats. My neighbor has does some catch, spay, release but the number of cats in this town is getting overwhelming. Just a few weeks ago, I found a badly injured cat and of course I rushed it to the vets but they had to euthanized it.

Also people in this town feed the cats. These cats are literally fat cats. I don't feed them but there is a person on my block who does.
Unfortunately we have the same problem where I live. People come on vacation and "make a pet" of a feral kitten/cat and feed it until it is time to go home. The problem has gotten bigger and bigger. When I first moved here, a neighbor called animal control to take a large cat that had attacked his yorkie. A day later I found her four babies, eyes still closed, in my hedge. Since we have dogs, and my husband and I are allergic to cats, we could not keep them. I kept them in a large garment moving box on our lanai and fed them every two hours with a dropper. Our local no kill would not take them until they reached 4 pounds...and after a health check there they brought back fleas to our place! We did find homes for all four, but our dogs spent most of the time we fostered them scratching on the lanai window.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!