View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 10:50 AM   #4
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
Welcome to YT,

if her walking seems odd, strange, I would definitely check this out with your vet. I would video her walk to show your vet. It could be a torn Anterior Cruciate Ligament AKA (ACL) which is common in yorkies. It may / can cause hind leg lameness if left untreated.
Circling around the house... Yorkies are high energy dogs, they need a lot of exercise, do you walk her daily, if not, this circling around the house could be due to lack of exercise and she is taking herself for a walk or, her back legs may be bothering her. I am assuming this dog was not kept in a cage or crate like puppy mill dogs, if that were the case she would be walking in tight circles.
I would definitely video tape her walking to show to your vet and get her to the vet asap to also discuss this circling around the house. There can be some underlying issue going on. Dogs mask their pain, because they act happy does not mean they cannot be in pain.

Generally if the CCL is torn they aren't going to put any weight on the leg at all. Sadly I have been through this twice with Callie.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!