View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 06:07 PM   #1
MissPinkBarbie
~*Glamorous Daisy*~
Donating Member

Cry Please Help! Need Advice on Hip Surgery Options

Hi YT Family, I haven't been on in a long time so please forgive me. I am just so upset at the moment. ((

My DD was holding her today as I opened the door to retrieve my UPS package. Daisy was barking and squirmed out of my DD's arms. She hit the floor and struggled to get up on all fours. One of her back legs were bent in and she whimpered when I touched it. We took her the vet immediately.

They did some x-rays on her. It clearly shows that her hip is discolated. She's in a lot of pain.

During the hip X-ray, they had to stretch her out but she was wiggly and it didn't come out well. They wanted to see if there was any fracture. They will have to sedate her for a better x-ray tomorrow. We will wait until tomorrow to hear from he vet as they have to make calls to another vet that specializes in these kinds of surgery. Daisy is currently at home resting and on pain meds.

Here are the options they gave us:

1. Toggle Pin Method

2. Salvage method (Femoral Head Ostectomy)

3. Total Hip replacement

I need your advice, your experiences with this and which method you ended up choosing and why. Thank you guys so much in advance.
-
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!