View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 11:47 AM   #4
aweitzm1
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
It's good that you fostered this lil guy, it gave you a taste of what having 3 would be like. I had 3 all 3 years apart that I raised as puppies. I found it no problem having 3, I had a good paying job so didn't have to worry about vet cost. They were all house broken by 7 months old, all 3 were walked at the same time, and these were not 5 Lbs or under kids lol, now that was a trip lol. They would all line up and knew who got harnessed up first. They ate side by side and never stole the others food. They were well socialized with all types of animals and ppl. Since I worked all week on week ends where ever I went my girls came with me, they were such good dogs. Maybe I was just lucky.

I would fail at being a foster mom, I wouldn't be able to give them up, I wish I had a stronger will power, I would love to get even one dog out of a shelter into a real home.
I commend you for fostering.
Thanks I was lucky that I really didn't feel the bond I did with Bella and Thumper so it was not hard for me to care for him and let him go once he found his forever home.

Fostering is not for everyone but it definitely is another option for people to think about who may struggle financially with the costs of a dog but want a companion
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!