View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 01:09 PM   #26
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey1 View Post
Hi - I have 5 yo diagnosed Jan 2019 (2 xrays) honking when humid and after a walk - he is not that excitable (I know everyone can’t believe he is a Yorkie all say wow so calm) but I guess if overheated and excited he will honk. Currently doing Hydrocodone (every other week or so) and prednisone (2x since Jan) then as needed. Been told mild case. But he js 5. My breeder said do nothing no prednisone Yorkies make noises. But since most say it’s congenital not sure what they would say. Anyway was thinking of trying Adequan since the trachea is cartilage and Adequan supports/helps cartilage. I have read if u want to try Adequan for CT needs to be in less advanced cases to help. My vet said couldn’t hurt (min side effects) just scared am new to the CT sounds etc. I have to say to me it’s a sound he still wants to run and play and doesn’t seem to be gasping for air. He runs he honks?? Hate to stop him from playing but all I have read is you need to stop them from making that noise - I guess the more they do it the more harm to the trachea. Any way should I seek treatments or leave him alone - is this just the behavior of a CT dog?
Personally I would not do long term prednisone in a dog that young due to side effects. For hydrocodone to work for CT it should be given twice a day. Personally I would try that and see how it goes first. It worked well for my moms yorkie who had a more severe case.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!