View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 06:00 PM   #10
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Just because he had normal blood count might not tell you if his urinary sphincters are weakening with age, or there is a small polyp in the bladder or urinary tract. And if he’s uncomfortable, he’ll naturally want to go outside. I’d get him rechecked particularly with his night frequency the vet’s challenge to test, particularly do a urinalysis, diagnose, explain, treat as necessary.

And if he’s not sleeping at least in your room, he could have sudden night-time separation anxiety, brought about by certain noises or smells getting through to him just at night, while he’s essentially trapped in his crate, which by now might seem like a night jail to him, making him anxious and anxious dogs often pee/poop to try to relieve anxiety, stress. He might just need to sleep with his pack mate to relieve his worries. I’d try to help him immediately (he’ll survive your trip and forget it couple days w/in your return) and try bedding him down in your bed for a night or two just to see if that helps. If not, I’d be off to the vet before my trip in case there are undiagnosed medical issues and he needs some treatment. But try at least letting him sleep with you or at the least have his bed in your room for a couple of weeks to see if that helps if vet gives him clean bill of health.

Agree with Taylor that diapers can cause medical problems for dogs, scalding, rashes, inflammation urgency, infections, wouldn’t ever use one. And wearing a diaper could increase any anxiety he has - they are not natural or comfortable to any dog. Hope you can find some answers - could just be he is aging, wakes more frequently, feels anxious that he can’t freely get to his human and he’s doing his best to relieve his situation in his mind.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!