View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 09:02 PM   #1
Hermione
YT Addict

Default Yorkie wakes me up during the night

Hello, my Yorkie, Jake, has always been good sleeping all through the night. I should’ve noticed that there would be a problem when my partner left recently to go abroad for medical treatment. During the last six months my partner has been seriously ill and was up most of the time at night with pain. He would let Jake out of his crate and sometimes I would find Jake sleeping with my partner.

I’ve arranged for relatives to look after Jake and my three cats at home for six weeks while I’m away to join my partner and I really don’t want to pass on any problems with Jake. Since my partner left, Jake has wakened me up every night at around 2am. I let him out of his crate to go outside to do his business. Then he wakes me up again after two or three hours, either to go outside again, or because he’s decided he doesn’t want to go back into his crate again. He whines so much that it’s impossible for me to sleep again. I’m so tired. I crate-trained Jake, he used to love it, so much so, that he’d sit next to it waiting for me to let him in to go to sleep. He’s neutered but sometimes I do find a pee here and there around the house, he lifts his leg. If I don’t let him out during the night I sometimes find poop and pee in his crate. Jake is seven years old.

Any advice is welcome. Thanks!
Hermione is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!