View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 12:37 PM   #4
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportschick View Post
I actually did take her to the vet right away, and he examined her and said that she may have torn something or just totally irritated the area around the patella. He wanted to me to rest her for 6 weeks, which I did and she seemed to be much better until I had to take her to the emergency hospital for HGE/pancreatitis a couple of weeks ago. They did an abdominal ultrasound, and I am pretty sure they aggravated her knee again. I took her to my own vet again after this to make sure that she was o.k. to start the physical therapy.

I did read that the luxating patella surgery in older dogs can cause a CCL tear, which is why I am very leery of it. IF I absolutely had to do it, of course I would find a board certified ortho surgeon. The emergency hospital near me has wonderful doctors, surgeons, PT people, etc., so that is where I would go.

I have heard of the meloxicam as well. And she actually was on the CBD oil for about a month, and it seemed to be helping her and sort of evening out her constant state of hyperness. But I stopped it when she had this latest episode of HGE/pancreatitis because I was afraid that it might have contributed to it. I am wondering how much CBD oil do you give your dog and how many times a day? And have you had any stomach issues with it?

Anyway, thanks for your response!
My girl has several health issues including IBD and the CBD oil has not caused any issues with her stomach. She gets some in the morning and at night. I make sure to use a human grade CBD oil too. LP surgery is extremly hard on them in my opinion so I would only look at going that route if nothing else worked.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!