View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 01:58 PM   #7
danserusse
Yorkie Talker

Just to update everyone, it has been one of the longest days of my life. So I had Mo waiting when they opened the doors at 8am, they took hime right in. After over 5 hours of tests the consensus was that he had little to no protein in his blood. His white cell count was very high. His heart and kidneys tested very well, but his liver was non-functioning. They offered palliative care. But stated that draining the fluid would mean it would only come back, possibly worse. We called the University of IA vet clinic about a possible plasma transfusion, but with his panel results they stated it would take a miracle. I took Mo out to their grassy field and spent one last hour lying in the grass with him and shortly after 3pm we said our final goodbye's. Thank you all for listening. There was never a question in my mind about seeking care for him, I would always ensure my furbabies had what they need no matter what. Others here may be more familiar with this loss of protein and fluid retention, they said it was literally water seeping out.I asked if I could have done, fed, avoided, etc.... they said it was just extremely sad bad luck... Brofessor Mosby, best friend, Oct. 16, 2013- August 5, 2019
danserusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!