View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 01:31 PM   #3
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yavenay View Post
Unfortunately I live in a small town where there are many stray cats. Because the are feral, they stay far away from humans unless they are injured. I was out walking Duchess today and I say an injured cat. He had a bad leg and he had a mass hanging off his butt. He wouldn't let me come close to him because I had Duchess.

I took Duchess home as I was only a few blocks away. I went home, got a can of cat food and a towel hoping to be able to catch him. He was just a kitten maybe about 3 months old. When I went back, he was just laid there and let me help him. When I picked him up, his injuries were much more extensive.

I rushed him to the vets where they examined him and we came to the decision to have him put to sleep. The vet said his bowels were on the outside and the surgery would be to extensive to repair him.

I started crying right in the vets office. Rest In Peace little one. I hope you are no longer in pain.
Thanks to your help, that baby didn’t linger in pain, get attacked by a predator while still alive and had to have felt cared-for by you and the vet, staff its final hours alive, died w/out pain. To me, you deserve an Animal Hero Award for not just driving on by, leaving that poor little soul to a worse-than-death fate - that of lingering alone in agony, hours later in a cardboard box in some ‘do-gooder’s’ garage or in the jaws/paws/claws of whatever was in the area. Imagine just how few others professing to love animals would have cruised on by, never giving God’s helpless little creature even a second thought, let alone time, effort, caring, money and substantial psychological pain, all offered straight from the heart. You made sure that baby died in safety and as pain-free as possible and deserve much, much gratitude from other animal-lovers. What you did took a strong, caring human being.

Hope you can find some peace knowing how much you helped that little one beyond veterinary help when what it needed most right then was just to stop hurting and how much true animal lovers absolutely love you right now.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!