Thread: Need to vent..
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 06:31 AM   #21
Mike_and_Me
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
Hummmm, I don't know if watching dogs jumping on each other or play chasing each other is a good idea, all that action Mike may take as aggression since he doesn't know what playing with other dogs is. It could upset him. Cause more fear of dogs. Do you have walking / biking trails near you, people take dogs on trail walks. Mike has to see calm dogs not crazy playing dogs.
We had a breakthrough yesterday with the neighbour's dog I mentioned before. I was so happy I almost cried lol. We went out and after about 30 min of more or less calm behaviour towards each other, we let them run free on a little meadow and they run after each other playing chase for quite a while. For the first time in MONTHS Mike didn't run to me for protection. He let the other dog sniff him without snapping and sniffed the other one a few times as well (although, he did it cautiously). At first when the other one chased him he was growling, but then after about 10 minutes his growls got quieter and less frequent. At the end both of them laid on the grass not far from each other. I really couldn't believe my eyes.

Will continue setting up meet ups with this dog and see how it goes. I gave him lots of treats last night after their little play

Joan, you were so right about just continuing with this dog and taking it slow. Thank you so much again!
Mike_and_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!