Thread: Need to vent..
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 03:12 PM   #17
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_and_Me View Post
Interesting technique with the soft muzzle, thank you for sharing. Unfortunately there's no other dog I could try it with at the moment but I will keep it in mind..

I keep thinking that having another puppy could have helped my Mike but now reading your Jilly's experience with the little one broke my heart. Poor baby how stressed out she must have been during those weeks(( I can imagine it was difficult for you at the time to let Teddy go but you made a decision for the good of both dogs.
Most dogs eventually give in and accept their new pack mate, but not knowing how long it might take, little Jilly had no more weight she could safely lose. I feared she might start losing muscle as she’d gotten so thin, mostly only ate what I hand fed her during those ‘dark days’ ( for her). Teddy was such a sweet pup, she never seemed to mind Jilly’s ostracizing, just kept on being a fun-loving puppy, and she was getting so big, feared one day she might get sick of Jilly gnashing at her and challenge and/or attack Jilly once she was grown. Moot point as Jilly couldn’t have survived 2 more months the way she was going. Never saw a little dog detest having other dogs around as much as she! Figured she’d had such a rough life medically her first 2 - 3 years, it just kind of marked her and she wanted no more trying times so just wanted to live the finally comfortable, Jilly Rules life she’d at last attained, medicals mostly behind her

Alone with me, she was always her sweet, loving self, looking at me with those big trusting eyes, always leaning in for deep snuggles when you picked her up or she got next to you. I couldn’t let her life stay so unhappy
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!