Thread: Need to vent..
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 09:26 AM   #14
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_and_Me View Post
That's good news!!
How is he usually in the car? Barking? Whining?

You see, I keep thinking that Mike's behaviour is related purely to the early separation from his mom and other puppies. Not having any time to learn how to be around dogs, the play rules etc would explain it easily. But JakJak came home at 3 months old, right? So he must have had time to play with his brothers and sisters.. I wonder what could be the reason. What does the trainer at a puppy class tell you about the reason for such behaviour?
Yes, JakJak came home at 3 months and he does marvelously with his little friend in puppy class. If anything, his high pitch barks are so annoying because he's just so excited to be around other pups. But dogs bigger than JakJak, he gets nervous and barks, barks, barks to ask for space. He rarely gets it and he just barks more and more. No biting or lashing out yet. There are 2 bigger dogs (around 16-20 lbs) that a friend has that JakJak tolerates. We worked together to introduce them slowly, and they are also older and lower energy. They're not always crowding over him when we visit. It's less stressful fir JakJak.

As for the trainer, I honestly think she's the problem. Kelly, she leads the Saturday play time, which is the one we are constantly asked to leave. The Sunday playtime and our scheduled puppy class are led by a different trainer, Felipe. He's more laid back, and JakJak is so relaxed around him. If we see him around the store, JakJak wants to run to him to say hi!
JakJak shies away from Kelly. I don't think JakJak likes Kelly at all.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!