Thread: About ears
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 11:16 AM   #6
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikil View Post
But when they did that to my aunt Yorkie she got a ear infection if I remember correctly. And her Yorkie ears are the floppy ears to.
Probably already had festering ear infection that was going to develop into full-blown, acutely painful infection no matter what. I've plucked many, many a terrier and poodle ear over the years w/out resulting ear infection. The dogs really seem to love it if done properly. But resulting ear infection has never happened with my dogs.

Ear plucking and whether it causes ear infection is a question in some but more and more connect excessive dirty hair, dirty, germy/buggy, wax-filled ear canals and flaps to ear infection. In other words, ear infection most likely is caused by dirty ears with ears holding viruses, bacteria, yeast, mites, allergies, excessive ear secretions/wax/pus, sinus infection etc., vs. removing hairs that were holding in dirt, other foreign bodies, matter, wax, gunk, pus. Never had or known a clean-eared, mite/germ/virus-free-eared dog develop an ear infection.

Unless your dog does lots of field work or roams very dirty, dusty areas he/she likely doesn't need lots of ear hair.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!