Thread: Need to vent..
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 10:00 PM   #3
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
I have a rescue that was not socialized with other dogs. He was 2 1/2 when I adopted him. I took him to obedience classes, 12 lessons and what he learned was to lunge at other dogs, something he did not do before these classes. Other then that he is a perfect dog, PERFECT.

I had puppies that did not go out until they had all their vaccines, that was at appox. 5 months old but there were other dogs on our walks, and dogs kept in yards that they met, I was also camping so my puppies met lots of ppl and dogs.
It's not your fault that he is not dog friendly, it's not your fault there were no other dogs on your walks, it's not your fault there are no training classes in your country so get off the guilt trip and stop blaming yourself.

If you have concerns about Mike being loose and snapping causing a dog fight I would not have him loose around several dogs, he will get hurt. If he's getting along with your neighbors dog that's a good step forward, once he gains confidence in this dog he "may" begin to play but he has to have built trust in this other dog. In some dogs that are afraid of other dogs playing to them is aggression and they will defend themselves and snap or growl. Not all dogs like dogs, I would stay with this neighbors dog, let Mike get to know him, bond with him and see how that goes. Don't listen to the ones that tell you to let him run off leash, you know your lil Mike and if you feel it's not safe don't do it to appease those ppl, your Mike's life could be at risk.
Amen! Brilliant post.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!