View Single Post
Old 03-18-2006, 01:24 PM   #5
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

"Motion sickness" is caused by our eyes not seeing what we are feeling.

Little children in the backseat often get car sick. They feel the rolling motion of the car, but from their vantage point, their eyes can't register or see what is causing these motions or movements.

A quick cure for a child with car sickness often is putting them in the front seat and letting them look out the window. This allows them to see the road, curves, going up and down hills, etc. And, this makes what they feel more natural and expected.

Is your puppy's seat in the front or in the back. I know my little pup rode in the back (on the seat) when I first got him and he did get car sick. After I got him a car seat (in the front seat) and he could see out the window, he was never sick again.

I wouldn't doubt that some little pups (like some children) are much more susceptible to car sickness than others. I think that occasional short rides are what he needs now. Take him out and let him ride for only 5 minutes or so at a time. (Even when my little pup got sick - we could go a short distance before he did - he loves to ride in the car now and wants to go all the time.)

Good Luck!

Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!