View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 01:10 PM   #8
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdog View Post
Food is a very sensitive matter. Talk to 15 different YT members and you'll probably get 10 different recommendations. IMO, there is more than one correct answer as to what we should feed our babies. There are definitely things to avoid (anything made in China, etc) but there are multiple good choices. But the cynical side of me will always question a vet who recommends a food that you have to buy from him. I would hope that it is a good food but does he have an ulterior motive to recommend it ($$$$) ? If your baby likes it and it is helping him lose weight then keep buying it, but I have to believe there are other options that may not cost as much.
The vet will give you a prescription to get the food else where if you want and the very much shows the vet makes no kick backs on it. Many prescription foods save many many dogs lives including mine. I'm saddened that you lean more toward the side of believing that they get kick backs because it is 100% a myth. Does that mean there are not bad vets out there that do stuff for money no but the majority don't. Vets trust this food because it goes through more tests and more science then the majority of other food out there and it also just works. If you can trust a vet to take care of medical issues why would you not trust them in food that could fix or significant help a medical issue?
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!