View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 08:40 AM   #5
Mike_and_Me
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Chrissy_ View Post
I was just about to post the same link Came across it this morning.
It's not conclusive and the study mentioned as I understood does not have a lot of dogs in it, but still its good the topic is getting traction with the government and media so it can be deeper researched.
"The Food and Drug Administration identified 16 brands of dog food that had been linked to heart disease in dogs, according to a report the agency published on Thursday.

In the report, the F.D.A. named for the first time the pet food brands most frequently associated with adverse events. In descending order of most incidents of heart disease, the brands are Acana, Zignature, Taste of the Wild, 4Health, Earthborn Holistic, Blue Buffalo, Nature’s Domain, Fromm, Merrick, California Natural, Natural Balance, Orijen, Nature’s Variety, NutriSource, Nutro and Rachael Ray Nutrish".

Also, I found this quote interesting as I have come across the "dogs don't eat grains in the wild" many times, but never thought about it this way:
“If they look at the dogs’ relatives in the wild, like coyotes, wolves and hyenas, they live on their prey. Those animals they prey on are typically herbivores, so they are ingesting grains anyway.”
Mike_and_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!