View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 01:55 PM   #1
Starcols
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Angry Breeder will not refund deposit

A week ago I went to see a puppy. This breeder said she only breeds 2 to 3 litters a year. The puppy was only 4 weeks old, beautiful female, only one of the 3 puppies. I asked to see the Dad and the breeder told me he was away at the moment doing stud services. I asked to see the mom and she said the mom gets too nervous about seeing people with her puppies but if I went back in 2 weeks I could meet them both. The lady sounded nice, the puppies looked good and in a clean environment. So since females are hard to find, I gave her a 250, deposit of the 1,200 she was asking for. I live 10 minutes away, so I figured I would come and see the parents. When I was there she showed me pictures of Mom and Dad and they were beautiful. I got a small receipt, that just says 1200 - 250 deposit for female puppy. Puppy is now 5 weeks and I texted her asking for her to text me pics of parents, since for some reason, I had a feeling that those dogs were recognizable to me or to just let me go by her house to see them. Well the male is 3 hours away doing his stud service and will not be back for a few weeks. The mom, she will only show me when I go to pick of the puppy. She sent me 4 pictures, I google them and recognized them from google searches I had done when looking for a breeder, I am in Florida and this dogs are from Texas , California and Tennessee. She did not even use the same pics , she said the haircut was different. I told her the bitch she said was her baby lived in California, she said, oh I am sorry those were dogs of mine that have passed. I told her I did not feel comfortable anymore doing business with her and would like my deposit back. She first said,, ok, but usually does not refund, since when people come to see the puppy, sometimes they change their mind when they see the Mom. My point.... then she said I can go this Monday and get my deposit back, since she has 7 buyers ready to get the female. I said no problem. Then she called me back and said, sorry even though there is no contract and the receipt does not say nonrefundable, she will not refund deposit, but I can go on Monday and see the Mom. I know I was stupid. But if I do not get the refund should I just report her ... or what are my chances.. I have all the text from her stating they were the parents and all the pictures from the internet. What do you suggest? And i know,,, it is my first time buying a puppy.
Starcols is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!