View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 05:40 AM   #8
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post

As I was reading the story I said the very same thing, how could the owner not know his dog was suffering, the dog had to have shown signs as you described above. A bunch of BS to avoid being charged with animal cruelty if ya ask me. That poor poor dog.

Last week I had 2 huge oak trees that shaded the back of my house and deck taken down. The limbs were as thick as a tree, they hung over my roof and reason I had them taken down. The next day was very sunny, I couldn't believe how much shade those trees had provided, no more shade, all sun now, I had taken off my shoes and walked in the house, the deck was like an inferno was under it, the next day I bought brown outdoor carpet so Cody could walk on the deck, that heat burned my feet I wasn't going to have Cody's sweet lil pads touch that hot wood.

Then I read this FB story which also sickens me.

If your deck is to hot for your bare feet, it's hotter for your wee lil babies.
It really is amazing, even shocking to me, how many sun rays trees filter out, and I wonder if their cool, green leaves don't cool some of the hot air as the day starts to heat up. Noticed a big difference when my huge backyard tree had to come down. Even the den and kitchen windows it had kept shaded began to radiate heat from direct sun, unfiltered by the tree leaves! Had to get darker, thicker curtains to keep the den/kitchen cooler. Wanted my tree back but among other things, it was near the main underground drain and kept growing roots into it, helping to clog it and then the tree got 'sick', weak, had to come down before it fell on the house during a storm. It was a very, very old tree the tree surgeon said.

With your wonderful shade trees gone, I'll bet that deck could get very, very hot by afternoon. Thank goodness you realized and acted before your little one got a burn, too. Never used to hear about dogs burning their paw pads so am wondering if past generations were even aware their dogs were suffering on hot, hot surfaces in the summer! Hate to think about it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!