View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 08:49 AM   #5
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
I also found out that I have a very poor eye for measurement (even using the same bowl) Kibble or raw, I either feed too much or not enough say for 1 cup of food. So I now use my weigh scale, when out and about a level measuring cup
Me too. Just can't guage portions by my eye. I have to use a measuring cup - 1/4 cup in a.m. and another in p.m. Tibbe is hungrier as he gets older, often demands more but when I gave in, he gained. Had to go back to 1/4 x 2 daily and distract him when he begged for more. Then I was over-treating him and he gained, now cut back to one piece of kibble + a Mini-Milkbone once a day. He treats the tiny Milkbone like it's a Grade 11 prime aged Kobe beef, grabs it from my fingers as if he'd starved all day and dashes into his crate to enjoy in private! Then comes out, gets up on couch and washes my chin w/kisses.

I worry giving a green bean or other raw human veggie, which now he can tolerate unlike few years ago, will stick more to his teeth, maybe cause decay. What do you all think?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!