Thread: Harnesses
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 09:35 PM   #14
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
I am the odd ball who just never found them to work. I think they're great quality and look nice etc but it just... never worked for Jax as much as I wanted it to. I am not a huge fan of step in harnesses overall but I don't like how it sits on the dogs neck and I am not a fan of the large circular o-ring that moves on the back rather than a d-ring that can lay flat against their back if that makes sense. I think maybe for the smaller Yorkies, it's better, maybe because Jax is larger? I just didn't find it to be the best fit for him. We tried both 5 and 6 and he would've maybe fit better in an in between size of those.
Not everything is for everyone. Lots of YTers liked those duponi silk harnesses, yet I had MAJOR problems with them. It sucks, but I am glad we ended up finding something that worked for us. Besides, I don't think I could handle Jackson in anything but his Puppia harness, it's his signature look!

I think JakJak is between a 1 or a 2. The armholes of a 1 are too small, and the the 2 is just a smidge too big for his chest size. I don't want to risk him hurting from the size 1 BB rubbing, so he wears the 2 for now. Not all pups are straight sizes and we really need more variety. Aside from that, they're the best harness I have found for his size.

I'm surprised you hate the O ring! I don't like D-rings because they just never lay right! The straight part is suppose to be on flat their back, right? mine always move and end up in awkward positions. I don't have that problem with the O right.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!