Thread: Yorkie adoption
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 03:31 PM   #10
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirleysjc View Post
Thank for your response, I had been reading earlier this week and so many people with his symptoms were only given 3-months to live. So glad to hear your baby is doing fine!
We just went in for a well visit, and a teeth cleaning. He was panting like crazy, it was hot out and very humid. He doesn’t like the car either. She couldn’t hear his heartbeat, so we did an ex-ray he had a Collapsed Trachea, and it showed half his Heart was quite a bit larger than the other. She said something could be wrong with a valve.
I’m new to YorkieTalk. I joined years ago but am finding this to be much more than I thought it was.
Thank you so much, I’m trying not to get ahead of it until we see the Cardiologist This Friday. But it’s difficult. Ty☺️
X-rays can be very very misleading with diagnosing collapsing trachea in fact they aren’t very reliable. Many many dogs do live very long lives with collapsing trachea. My mom had an older rescue yorkie who had it and it was managed with meds and did very well and it was not what ended his life. If he isn’t showing symptoms of honking then he might not have it or at least in not symptomatic.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!