View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 11:02 AM   #1
Laura
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Ip Poisonous cactus/succulents - Aloe, Euphorbia, Jade, Kalanche

I have 2 puppies--Mollie, 5 months and Jake, 6 months. On Friday night the pups began throwing up, they continued throwing up bile (clear yellowish liquid).
Saturday they would not eat or drink, and slept all day. I was giving them water with a syringe dropper, and walking them around the yard every hour or so.
I have five other dogs who were not sick. We were racking our brains to think of what they had gotten into. We are very careful about spray cleaners, etc that we use and because the rest of the dogs are fine, we ruled out foods and treats.
I had been re-potting plants, being springtime, and the pups were helping, Mollie would pull them up and Jake would try to take them away from her. I started trying to look up if they were poisonous and could find little information. Finally I found this article on petmd.com https://m.petmd.com/dog/emergency/po...-cats-and-dogs
On Sunday, they continued throwing up bile, I began giving them chicken bullion. They would still walk around the yard.
Finally on Monday, Jake ate a piece of chicken, barked once and played a little. I called my vet to see if he thought they should come in for fluids. He thought they would be fine to stay home with me giving liquids and walks. Jake perked up through the day. (I am retired, so I am able to care for them all day and night)
Tuesday-Jake continues to improve
Wednesday, Mollie finally started to feel better, ate some chicken, drank water and played a little.
These plants-Aloe, Euphorbia, Jade, Kalanche-are all poisonous to pets, they cause gastrointestinal problems, vomiting and diarrhea; lethargy and incoordination.
Please be careful with plants, look up the ones you have, especially keep poison plants away from playful puppies.

http://www.yorkietalk.com/gallery/sh...00&ppuser=1851
Laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!