View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 08:36 PM   #4
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
Shave the hair off even if you have to bring him to the groomer, scissor cutting leaves to much weight on the ears. I can't say if 8 months old is to late, better to try then not.
I use a beard trimmer on the lowest setting I dare to go. It gets the hair VERY short. I'm too much of a coward to try shaving his ears especially since he refuses to sit still. My vet also cleaned the inside of his ear for me since I couldn't dare to do it myself. I'm scared of hurting him! One thing I'm thinking of trying is shaving lower than I did before. Last time I did 3/4 of the ear. This time I'm going to do the whole ear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
Taping at 8 months I don’t think will work normally it’s to late by then. When I rescued Penny one of hers was up and the other down. After a few weeks the other went down. I have no idea what caused it honestly.
You know what's weird? Kaji's ears started to stand at 8-9 years old. I stopped trimming his ear hairs cause I loved his floppy ears! Weird things do happen I guess.

His ears were up right before he turned 7 months old, when they were at the heaviest with hair. He turned 7 months and *flop* his little ears went. I don't know what happened. He'll be 8 months old in about 12 days. I'm hoping we can still fix it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!