View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 04:20 AM   #5
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

I have had 24 hours to think on this and have decided to expound a bit. The main thing that bothered me with this thread was the word "beware". Usually, in these review threads, that word is reserved for reviews about the puppies a breeder is selling. Although, over the years, I have found that the reviews are not always totally accurate. I have seen breeders get rave reviews by people who like them but have very sick dogs....sick from conditions that are prevalent in yorkies that may not have specific genetic markers but clearly the same breeders continue to breed such dogs. Anyway.....that said, I have not seen any sick dogs from Deb Sillers. In saying this, I am not reviewing her breeding program ....I am just stating what I have noticed.

This was a post by a breeder who is unhappy about the fact Deb owes her money. This breeder messaged me yesterday because she was unhappy with my post. This is what I told her and I stand by it. She has bred Deb Sillers dogs for many years, so clearly she doesn't think there is a problem with Deb's breeding. I checked her website and she does still have Cruz on there as one of her breeding stock ... he is Deb's dog and was the #6 Yorkshire Terrier in the US in 2012. Anyway....here is what I told her when she messaged me:
------
I stand by what I said. If you exhausted all avenues, I guess that means you had an attorney write to her?
I get that you want your money and honestly she said she owes you....
But to say BEWARE? As an observer, I found that to be offensive. It is bad enough we are overrun by badly bred yorkies as it is...someone might see that thread and think she is a bad breeder.
You got her attention...that is what you wanted right? I find it very sad it was posted the way it was. I happen to like Deb a lot.....and it has to do with her being a human being who really cares a lot about the breed. I have sent countless people to her when they had sick puppies and she is ALWAYS there to help. Matter of fact, I am going to post a story later today about how she helped me and a friend with a VERY sick puppy I took in. She spent hours on the phone with us into the night to save that puppy.
So...there you have it. I found it highly offensive..not that you bitched about the money...I get it , you want your money...but your wording in that subject line SUCKED
No other way to say it

----------------
Deb clearly has had financial issues .... most people know that and know the hardships she has faced. All I can say is "until you have walked a mile in a person's shoes....." and believe me I know all about that stuff. I read something once that made a lot of sense.... "be careful how you treat people on the way down, because you might meet them on the way down".

I believe there are two sides here ... I totally get that someone wants their money but they actually wrote to me and referred to it as "theft". No way do I believe Deb was out to "steal" from her. Deb has always been a kind hearted person and I know how much she loves the yorkie breed. She donated monthly (recurrent donations) to yorkie rescue for 6 straight years with extra donations in between and always thanked us for what we do for yorkies in need. As I said above she has helped countless puppies....many I saw on this forum and many I referred to her because I get contacted often and simply am not knowledgeable about breeding issues and the care of young, sickly puppies. That speaks volumes to me...she is NOT the only breeder I have reached out to for help...she is just THE most helpful one, always going above and beyond.
I am going to post another thread about a foster puppy I have now that is alive partly because of Deb Sillers. I will do that later in another new thread.

In closing, I do understand that Susan wants her money....and clearly Deb stepped up and accepted responsiblity for it. I am sure it will be resolved. Personally, I would have gone another route .. perhaps a legal avenue...but to post it here in a review thread? Not so sure about that. Kind of defeats the purpose in my mind...you want money but you want to make a breeder look bad to get it....does that help her sell puppies???? and in turn help you get reimbursed??

My reason for posting this is for the person who comes along looking for a puppy. Read this thread for what it is....avoid the word BEWARE when it comes to making a decision about purchasing a puppy. I don't ever vouch for any breeder but I also won't speak up for one I feel is selling sick and/or inferior puppies. My suggestion is to read this thread and understand it is a dispute between two breeders over MONEY owed...NOT over a problem related to breeding. If you go to the website of www.cloverhillyorkies.com you will find that she has at least one of Deb Sillers pups in her breeding program. Cruz is his name and his pedigree is there.

Perspective.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!