Thread: Diet
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 07:19 AM   #15
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junehosta View Post
I am trying to avoid him getting big and overweight. But since I got him 3 yrs ago he has gained 1.5#. Thanks for your advice.
So you rescued your lil guy, thank you. My kid is a rescue also, he was 2 1/2 yo old and very, very under weight,he weighed in at 9 Lbs but his ribs and spine were severely protruding. He was not an abused dog, a surrender that was much loved and spoiled rotten. I believe the underweight was from a illness he had, surrendered because of lack of money to get him well. My vet that I adopted him from took care of his heath issue and after finding a food he liked I got him up to 12 Lbs, a proper weight for his size. This comment I am about to make has nothing to do with you and your pup, there will be other ppl at some point reading this thread and this comment is for those ppl.

I go to the vet, I see ppl coming in with a pure breed dog that is so over weight you cannot tell what breed it is. We all want to spoil our babies to show them how much we love them, many ppl show their love by giving their babies table food, what they eat, so does their dog. There are ppl food that is good for dogs, certain veggies and fruits, greasy burgers, french fries, fatty pieces of steak is not healthy for dogs. Now their dogs become obese and heath issues start which can end up being fatal. Spoil your dog with more walks, more playing fetch, toys, veggie or fruit treats you will have a healthier dog that will spend more years with you.
Junehosta...I admire and respect you for showing your love for your baby by keeping an eye on his weight, making sure he stays in the weight he was meant to be in, yes, do check with your vet about the proper weight he should be in for the size he is, You are a great fur mom
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!