View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 10:32 AM   #6
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
Interceptor was my favorite but when it came back on the market my vet never started carrying it again and I’m lazy so I just stuck with heart guard plus the boys are picky so not sure if they would enjoy the switch. I have to be honest and wonder if worms are that often picked up by adult dogs. I’m glad it seems to have worked though. Callie can’t do lamb and ANY kind of diary or it’s a nightmare even goats milk messes her up bad. She also can’t seem to tolerate any oral antibiotic like there was diarrhea everywhere on my dressers the floor and all over her. Right now she has only needed the injection antibiotics for skin infections so I’m not sure what will happen if she needs it for something else. They also put her back on apoquel and it started messing her stomach up bad. It’s a nightmare now when people come over because I used to allow them to share certain foods with her but now it’s like omg don’t do that. You might just want to feel the season out first and if he isn’t getting any ticks you might not have to do anything.
Ugh, the poor babies.
It's SO hard when everything works fine for "most dogs" but with us with dogs that have some sort of issue, there's always so much extra concern and research that has to go into it.

I think you're right and I will just play it by ear and see if I find any ticks on him. I check him over every night anyway. And I was thinking of buying the special shampoos or sprays that I could at least use on days that I know he is going to be outside a lot or in taller grass or something like that.

I like the idea of the Seresto collar. But I wouldn't leave it on him 24/7 since him and Lola wrestle and play a lot etc and I would be uncomfortable with it. But I think you're *supposed* to leave it on all the time for it to work effectively, but I would prefer to only put it out when we are going outside for a long period of time etc.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!