View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 10:27 PM   #1
ziggy925
YT 500 Club Member

Default The little monster wandered off

Once in awhile Ruger (8yrs old) will squirt out the door but always comes back. I call him, he doesn't come, but he keeps looking back at me and doesn't go far. As most of you know chasing does no good so I just go back inside and a few minutes later he'll show up. When he comes inside I give him a treat to reward him for coming home. Anyway, today he gets out the door and l could see him wondering around the neighborhood looking back at me so I did the usual and went inside and slammed the door. After awhile I realized he hadn't come back and went looking for him. I drove around slowly and found him about a mile away walking down the sidewalk (I've never had to use the car to find him). He's never gone this far and calling him, even with a treat did no good. It was like he was on a mission. I finally got him into the car and we went home, again rewarding him as usual. Any idea what would cause this behavior? Never been in that part of the neighborhood. Never wandered off that far. But, just kept walking down the sidewalk like he was on a mission.
ziggy925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!