View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 05:03 AM   #13
Noreen612
Yorkie Yakker

Thank you for asking lady Jane. Unfortunately not. She is still limping and or holding up the leg 100% of the time. I bought her back to her orthopedic surgeon for a second time and he took an x-ray he said one pin moved slightly but not enough that it really shouldn’t be bothering her but it may be it’s hard to tell. He wants to go in and remove the pins which I’m fine with but the thing that concerns me is he wants to also tighten up the knee since it’s loose again and shouldn’t be. I know that when he did the surgery he opted not to shave down the bone to deep in the groove because he said it was deep enough. But maybe Now he realizes he should’ve done that and basically made the wrong decision? I have no idea I’m just guessing. But I really don’t want her to have to undergo the three month recovery. But I guess if she has to she has to. I’m trying to get her an appointment for this week to go get a second opinion. I’m debating whether I should allow him to fix the knee again, or leave the knee alone and just take out the pins. But there’s the other part of me that feels like if it’s loose again he should fix it since he’s the one who should’ve done it right in the first time. I mean I realize it might not be his fault maybe she just played too hard and something happened but I suspect it has something to do with choosing not to deepen the groove in the knee. We did schedule it for the 8th only because if I’m going to do the surgery I need to do it now because I’m going to be starting a new job soon and won’t be able to take the time off to take care of her which I can do right now while I’m still at the old job.Very frustrated. Especially now when it’s spring and she should be running around playing and enjoying the weather instead she’s going to have to be cooped up for three more months. It’s really ridiculous.
Noreen612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!