View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 09:15 AM   #6
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlshAngel985 View Post
Right?! I could easily use the credit up on food, but Petco doesn't carry the kind of food I feed JakJak. I'm going to try to speak to the manager in person today. I also am trying to be understanding that she had a medical emergency, but there is a line between being understanding of her medical emergency and being taken advantage of. I think they have clearly crossed the line.

Honestly, I think JakJak would have been groomed this weekend if I just didn't ask that question about the vaccinations. They didn't even ask in their initial response if JakJak had ANY vaccinations. It was just "yeah we'll take him this Saturday." I use to groom Kaji myself, but JakJak is feistier. I don't know that I can get through grooming him.

As for training, JakJak and I are doing well on our own. He knows sit, down, stay, leave it (food or toys), loose leash walking, he sits before we cross the street (most of the time ) but we're a work in progress! He's only 5 months old.Next we're going to tackle getting him to pick up his toys on command, transition potty training from the piddle pad inside to outdoor potty. What I wanted for him from puppy class was the interaction with other pups. He was suppose to have Kaji as a bud, but we all know that didn't work out.
As you well know this is the most important part of going for training, to socialize him at a young age being around other dogs. I have a rescue boy that was not socialized being around other dogs and let me tell you, it's quite embarrassing to me when he goes into Cujo mode when we're in PetSupples or other pet stores. My now passed girls were socialized as soon as they had their last vaccine around 5 1/2 mos old, I then started them on outdoor potty from indoor pads, we met lots of dogs on our walks plus I had family that had dogs. So, I am not use to a little dog wanting to take on any size dogs. Going to the vet is a trip, if there are other dogs in the waiting room I have to carry him in, very humiliating for me when he goes into attack mode.
I hope you can straighten this out with PetCo. I don't have one near me, but they sell clothes, toys and the such, that store credit will be used up fast. I just can't get if the trainer is not getting to your dog why should you have to pay the penalty and not get a full refund. Maybe get in touch with the main PetCo headquarters.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!