View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 02:13 PM   #3
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreen612 View Post
My baby had LP surgery on her left knee back in November. Recovery has gone well & we are past the 12 week mark so I’ve been letting her play more again and be normal. This weekend she ran around in snow up in Jersey at my parents house. I noticed she was a bit lame but nothing much. Anyway long story short, she’s limping and lame on and off again. Took her back to her orthopedic surgeon who unhappily reported that she’s luxating again but only grade 1. He said could be she stretched tissue and give it a few weeks to see if it subsides. Possibility of a second surgery in same knee is horrifying. Just wondering if this is common? Has anyone else had to put their baby through a second surgery on the same knee? I’m now mad at myself that I let her play so hard but the doctor said she was being a normal dog after she went through the recovery period. So I don’t know. Any advice is appreciated.
I had talked to several vets for Kaji's LP. (I think maybe 10 vets?) All told me I could do surgery, but a slip, fall, or overexerting himself could cause his knees to slip out again. Since Kaji was not in any pain, we never did surgery for his LP.

I hope your baby is not going to need a second surgery.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!