View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 03:58 PM   #5
chattiesmom
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Thumbs up Bone Broth

To answer the first part of your question - from reading several of my recipes for making both, bone broth is simply a very concentrated form of stock.

I understand that you don't cook, but to understand the difference, you need to know each is made. Stock is made by cooking meaty bones along with herbs and savory vegetables for 3 or 4 hours until the meat and vegetables are thoroughly cooked. The liquid is then strained and the liquid is "stock". Bone broth is made by cooking bones (with a lot of connective tissue -backs, feet, knuckles, necks, etc.) along with herbs and savory vegetables for a very long period of time - up to 48 hours on the stove top or 2-4 hours in a pressure cooker, then straining the liquid to remove bone particles, vegetables and spices. Bone broth is very concentrated and should jiggle like jello and have a thin layer of fat on top when cool.

I keep homemade bone broth in my freezer all the time for a quick nourishing hot drink and as a liquid for soups and stews. Lollie and Lacie always get a portion. It is yummy delish for all.
chattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!