View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 05:15 PM   #1
shawnzeppi
YT Addict

Default Issues walking and standing

Hello,

It's been a few years since I've posted and my guys are getting old (like the rest of us, only ~x7 )..

My boy Gatsby is having terrible issues standing and walking, especially on slippery surfaces like our hardwood floors. Sometimes he does better than others, but he always does better on carpet but even then he is having trouble at times.

Even on walks with a rough sidewalk, sometimes his legs don't want to work correctly, especially the front, and I have to hold him up by his harness. He's a little overweight, but that is not the issue. He often tries to walk on his front knees and not his front paws. Previously he put a lot of lateral strain on his pads, and they could bleed. But that hasn't been an issue in a while.

The vets haven't been too helpful with this issue, and pretty much all we've been able to do is to put rubbery yoga mats in strategic locations leading to his water and food and pee pads. He still often will be walking on his knees, which is an obvious problem. I keep using liquid bandage to keep his knees from bleeding. We do have pain meds for him and the vets said he should limit walking on slippery surfaces... Not very helpful but that's all we have got, and a surgeon looked at him. Spent a lot of money for very limited if any results.

Any advise?
shawnzeppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!