View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 08:41 PM   #17
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
omg I thought Jax was the only one! He is soooo whiny after anesthesia- very out of it for also like 6-8 hours afterwards.
Yep. Just like Tibbe. Scotty or Jilly never whined after any anesthesia but Tibbe always has, since his first dental. Scared me silly after his first dental - my nerves were already shredded from him having his first anesthesia and leaving him at the vet that day was so hard. Hard hard. But that first time, he'd had some baby teeth pulled and another permanent tooth out so he was on pain medicine so I was pretty sure he wasn't in terrible pain and still he was so whiny. I immediately got online to see if anesthesia and or pain medicine can cause some dogs to whine and saw it wasn't all that uncommon. And the vet told me the same thing the next morning - post-anesthesia reaction. But he's had no more teeth pulled at his dentals and each time after he has his same pitiful whining episodes. Next morning he bounds up and acts like nothing has ever been wrong. Each dental it's the same - and it's just awful despite knowing what to expect with him. It's not like it's constant whining or anything, just when he's moved or touched, this high-pitched little whine or two or three escapes that goes straight to your heart and it lasts about 6 hours or so after. Just another reason dental day is always dreaded.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!