Thread: Encephalitis
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 12:35 PM   #13
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanajoy View Post
I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Kaji. You are right, when our furbabies are no longer able to live their lives in a way which makes them happy/comfortable, and they are in steady decline, it is the most loving thing that we can do when we decide to end their pain and let them go.

Best of luck for a wonderful, healthy life with your new baby, JakJak. May he bring you healing and happiness!
Thank you for your kind words. Easy isn't the right word, because saying goodbye to him devastated me. But coming to the decision to say goodbye was easier because I knew I was freeing him. He was free from being trapped by his failing body, free of any pain (my neurologist said Kaji wasn't in any pain, but instead lived in a perpetual fog), and free to run and enjoy himself at the rainbow bridge.

We did try a lot of the medications mentioned by other users, but unlike Sachi, Island Girl's baby girl, Kaji did not respond to any of it. Once he was on the steroids to help his brain swelling, Kaji was suppose to gain use of his legs again. For about a week, he was able to stand again, before quickly fumbling over, and maybe lean on something to try to walk, but that was it. The only improvement we saw before he declined and continued to decline, were the tremors. Those stopped and he was finally able to sleep. But he continued to get sicker.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!