Thread: Encephalitis
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 10:27 AM   #12
nanajoy
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlshAngel985 View Post
I am so sorry you went through this too.

I had heard of encephalitis on YT, of all places. I didn't give it much thought when I read about it so many years ago. Kaji had trouble with his back legs, which was initially mistaken for trouble with his already existing luxating patellas. It wasn't until he started having tremors that we got a referral to the neurologist. An MRI showed his encephalitis was so bad, our vets were amazed he was still walking. Shortly after, we had to put Kaji down. Kaji celebrated his 10th birthday Aug 1st, he started showing signs of leg weakness Aug 5th, started having tremors around Aug 16th, was diagnosed with encephalitis Sept 1st, steadily deteriorated beyond our control, and we made the tough decision to put him down on Oct 21st. Watching him lose everything that made him Kaji was the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

I do so apologize to the OP for never responding to the PM they sent. We had just brought home baby JakJak, who was suppose to be a 10th birthday present for Kaji. JakJak is my first puppy. As dumb or corny as this sounds, Kaji and I were suppose to do this whole raising a puppy thing together (Kaji was so good with all temp fosters, helping with basic commands, potty, etc) and with Kaji gone, I was overwhelmed by his baby brother. I just didn't have time for YT.

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Kaji. You are right, when our furbabies are no longer able to live their lives in a way which makes them happy/comfortable, and they are in steady decline, it is the most loving thing that we can do when we decide to end their pain and let them go.

Best of luck for a wonderful, healthy life with your new baby, JakJak. May he bring you healing and happiness!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!