View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 01:24 PM   #29
District Yorkie
Yorkie Talker

So, both little Ruby and somewhat less littler Canela now eat Hill's Science Diet Adult Perfect Weight Hearty Vegetable & Chicken Stew.

Since Canela was 7 months old, we've switched through four different dry foods -- Ruby has experienced two switches in food.

Both (Ruby is a rescue who came into my life about a year and a half ago.) now eat Hill's because at Canela's last physical (in which she got senior bloodwork done), a Grade 1 heart murmur was detected. I was asked what she ate, and I mentioned that she's been on a grain-free diet for years now and that the last time we switched, it was about two years ago. I was told about the lack of taurine in some grain-free food (I checked, and sure enough, there is none) -- it was at that moment I decided to switch.

I also did the massive switch from dry to wet because Ruby (as a rescue) only has about 1/4 of her teeth left. Canela has a broken molar (which is the reason we went to the vet and she had her murmur detected -- we've scheduled for an echocardiogram so they can see what they're dealing with prior to anesthesia), so, I thought the best route would be wet food.

So far, both love the food. We're still trying to see what works best in terms of feeding. I believe the can is still too generous in terms of what to feed them, so I'm eye balling it for the mean time.

I also crush the food pieces even more with a fork, so it's basically puree.
District Yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!