View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 10:30 AM   #5
kateyb1
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies. I'll note the advice for future although sadly it came through a little too late for me to follow it when needed. I did speak to the vet on the phone twice and followed their recommendations. They felt I should treat and monitor at home, although we agreed times to re-review just incase.
Glad to say Bailey is back to his happy bouncy self now. He had his last dry heaving spell about 1pm yesterday, slept through the afternoon and then woke up about 6ish full of energy and wanting to play. I gave him a little more water and some chicken to test his stomach - he wanted more but I held back wanting to see first how he reacted. After 90 mins all seemed well so I allowed him a little more of both mixed in with some rice. After eating he was boisterous for a few minutes but quickly settled down for a nap next to me. He woke a few hours later, again full of life and very energetic. This time I could tell for sure he was feeling better, he was bouncing all over the place and seemed positively joyful. I let him have a little more water before bed (still worried that we may see another vomiting session in the night). He expelled a sizeable amount in urine however so at least I knew he had processed a lot of what had been given.
He slept through the night fine, at one point he was dead to the world which scared me a bit as he's normally quite a light sleeper and wakes up when I move. All was fine though - guess the little man was just pooped. This morning he's exhibited tons of thirst but he doesn't seem to want any food just yet (not too worried about that since he ate later than I would normally feed him yesterday). Finger crossed all is well now - Im just waiting for the next bowel movement to know for sure.
kateyb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!