View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 11:38 PM   #14
Mike_and_Me
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmielin View Post
Hope is three months old and I am thinking of grooming myself. Thus far I comb, clip where needed, brush teeth etc. She allows me to do anything I need to. I watched professional groomers on UTube, and I have the equipment. We also have a Cairn I groom, but she is very difficult to manage. Doesn’t like being touched. Hope is so gentle I’m thinking she will allow it.

How many others groom your own? Just curious. The videos give me confidence...just hope it isn’t false confidence 😍😍😍.
I started cutting Mike's hair at home last month. It was a long process, getting him to relax around scissors and the noise. I understood that he absolutely hates being held and needs to accept everything on his own terms so on the first day I would sit with him on the floor and cut a little bit of fur without touching/holding him and treat after each movement. So far the hardest ones are his front paws and under chin. Those areas are very chunky and not so nice looking but I think it will get easier with time. We did his first cut over 7-8 days I believe, in the morning when he's most calm. I got nice thinning shears and it makes a really big difference from blunt scissors. We clip nails at the vet, the rest for now is done at home. Do share how it goes with your girl!!!
Mike_and_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!